- Table View
- List View
The new edition includes substantially expanded material on diversity and culture, adolescents and emerging adults health and well-being, including numerous recommendations for improving the lives of adolescents.
More students learn from John Santrock's Adolescence than from any other text in this field. The 14th edition combines proven pedagogy and the most current research to provide a market leading presentation of adolescence. This time tested text provides compelling contemporary research, including updates from eleven leading experts in the field. The text's accessible presentation, plentiful applications and engaging writing foster increased mastery of the content. The new edition includes substantially expanded material on diversity and culture, adolescents' and emerging adults' health and well-being, including numerous recommendations for improving the lives of adolescents, and expanded emphasis on the positive aspects of adolescent development.
A standard textbook that emphasizes an extremely up-to-date (more than 250 references from 1993, 1994, and in-press sources) presentation of research in the three primary domains of child development: biological processes, cognitive processes, and socioemotional processes. The changes in this edition include increased and updated coverage of culture, ethnicity, and gender; families and parenting; and health and well-being. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
John Santrock's Educational Psychology emphasizes the application of theory to real classroom practice. With richly evocative classroom vignettes from practicing teachers and a wealth of case studies,Educational Psychology helps students think critically about the research basis for best practices. Santrock's hallmark Learning System organizes the content into manageable chunks under learning goals, supporting retention and mastery, so that students will have an engaging and successful course experience.
The author provides a textbook for a course in life-span development that is short enough for all stages of life to be covered in one term. Without mentioning the date of the first edition, he explains the digital resources available in conjunction with the second. After a chapter on biological beginnings, he looks at physical and cognitive development and socio-emotional development in infancy; early, middle, and late childhood; adolescence; and early, middle, and late adulthood. A final chapter considers death, dying, and grieving.
Previous editions of this text have been widely adopted for their accurate, complete, and up-to-date coverage. While maintaining these hallmarks, this revision includes increased coverage of adulthood and aging, a new Interlude feature on applications, and updated research with more 21st-century citations.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.