- Table View
- List View
Due to the importance of potassium channels in cellular function, researchers have been challenged to develop tools and experimental procedures to probe the function and identify chemicals that modulate the behaviour of this super-family of ion channels. In Potassium Channels: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field present a range of experimental approaches that have been developed to investigate potassium channel structure, function, pharmacology, cell biology, gene expression, and their role in disease. Many of these techniques study potassium channels as cellular proteins as well as the resultant membrane biophysics. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, the chapters contain brief introductions to the subject, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and a Notes section, which highlights tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Thorough and cutting-edge, Potassium Channels: Methods and Protocols provides a wide range of approaches in order to aid current research projects and inspire new investigations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.