- Table View
- List View
Here is a simple and delightful introduction to the Jewish festival of Chanukah. Follow a family as they light the menorah, open presents, and eat latkes to celebrate the great miracle that happened more than 2,100 years ago.
Here is a simple and delightful introduction to the Islamic festival of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr suitable for even the youngest child. Follow a family as they fast each day, go to the mosque on the Night of Power, and enjoy a delicious feast.
A mother, father, and three young children in a typical Jewish family celebrate their most important holidays in the attractively illustrated Festival Time books, which speak not only to Jewish children but to boys and girls of all faiths. This simple and delightful introduction to the Jewish holiday of Passover describes a family as they celebrate their festival of freedom. They prepare the six different types of food on the Seder plate, ask the four traditional questions, and hunt for the Afikoman. (Ages 3-7)
A mother, father, and three young children in a typical Jewish family celebrate their most important holidays in the attractively illustrated Festival Time books, which speak not only to Jewish children but to boys and girls of all faiths. Ages 3-7
A Chinese family prepares for their New Year festivities they decorate the house with flowers, then set off firecrackers to scare away bad spirits and welcome the coming year. Family and friends sit down together for a festive dinner, then go outside to watch the parade of dragon dancers. The festival ends on its final night with a display of colored lanterns. Festival Time books depict the activities of typical families, as Mom, Dad, and children celebrate holidays that have special religious or cultural significance for them. Cheerfully attractive color illustrations supplement a simply-told story of the holiday's origins and a description of the festivities that are part of that holiday. Festival Time books can be read aloud to toddlers, but are easy enough for many first and second graders to read to themselves. Each book's final two-page spread is written mainly for parents, offering suggestions for ways to communicate the holiday's meaning to kids. (Ages 3-7) Picture descriptions present.
Here is a simple and delightful introduction to the Hindu festival of Diwali - suitable for the very youngest child. Follow a family as they make rangoli patterns, light diyas, and watch a brilliant fireworks display to celebrate their amazing festival of light. Also in the Festival Time! series: Apples and Honey - A Rosh Hashanah Story Eight Candles to Light - A Chanukah Story Four Special Questions - A Passover Story It's Party Time! - A Purim Story Lanterns and Firecrackers - A Chinese New Year Story Hope and New Life! - An Easter Story Fasting and Dates - A Ramadan and Eid Story
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.