- Table View
- List View
In this first book in a new trilogy created by new media genius Jordan Weisman, Nathan Richards is your typical teen, one of the smartest at his school and the son of two famous archeologists, but he fails at everything because he refuses to apply himself. Never knowing his mother, who died on an archeological dig in a Mayan tomb while giving birth to him, Nathan is shocked, when on his thirteenth birthday he receives his birthright from the Mayan god Kukulkan. He is granted the ability totravel the frequencies and interact with the dead--including his mother! Now the fate of the human race rests with Nathan, who must play a game for the world's survival--all culminating with the end of the Mayan calendar on December 21, 2012. Now it is time for Nathan to use his newfound gifts, fulfill his potential, and save the world!
Two months have passed since the events ofBurning Sky, and things have changed for Nathan Richards. Incensed by Kukulkan's victory and the unexpected loss of his mother, he refuses to play The Game until he knows what the stakes are-- until he meets a girl named Mavis in the field museum who died mysteriously at the Chicago Columbian Exposition, more than 100 years ago. With the help of Alyssa and his friends, he will have to immerse himself in the Chicago Expo and the deep rivalry between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla to learn Mavis's forgotten secret. This time, though, Nathan might have an advantage. Ah Puch, the Mayan god of the underworld, has offered Nathan his assistance against Kukulkan . . . no strings attached.
The end of the current world cycle on the Mayan calendar is drawing near, and Nathan Richards has accepted his fate. He is the chosen one who must win humanity's place in the next world. All he has to do is navigate the treacherous tempers and caprices of Mayan gods and spirits and meet the expectations of his mother, whom has passed away and speaks to him in the spirit world. Ah Puch, the Mayan god of the dead, sees the whole situation as a game with very high stakes, and he does not take losing lightly, particularly to a human teenage boy. He is determined that it will never happen again-and that Nathan will use his powers for the benefit of the underworld. Steeped in suspense and satisfying in its final battle, Nameless Days brings the Lost Souls trilogy to a heart-stopping, surprise-filled conclusion!
Want to try it yourself? Call the phone number shown on book's cover: 212-629-1951 and listen to the voicemail message for main character Zach Taylor. Personal Effects follows the extensive notes of therapist Zach Taylor's investigation into the life and madness of Martin Grace, an accused serial killer who claims to have foreseen, but not caused, his victims' deaths. Zach's investigations start with interviews and art sessions, but then take him far from the hospital grounds--and often very far from the reality that we know. The items among Grace's personal effects are the keys to understanding his haunted past, and finding the terrifying truth Grace hoped to keep buried. Call the phone numbers: you'll get a character's voicemail. Google the characters and institutions in the text: you'll find real websites. Examine the art and other printed artifacts included inside the cover: if you pay attention, you'll find more information than the characters themselves discover Personal Effects, the ultimate in voyeuristic storytelling, represents a revolutionary step forward in changing the way people interact with novels.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.