- Table View
- List View
Heal Heartburn and Lose Weight, Naturally If you suffer from acid reflux, you're not alone. More than 50 million Americans have GERD, or gastroesophageal reflux disease, and while antacids can be effective for short-term relief, they can also cause dangerous medical conditions if they're used for more than the recommended fifty days at a time. Luckily, The Acid Reflux Solution offers a simple plan to help you gradually and safely reduce--and eventually eliminate--the need for pills while alleviating your heartburn. In this combination medical guide and cookbook, gastroenterologist Jorge E. Rodriguez, MD, has teamed up with registered dietitian and food writer Susan Wyler to present a three-step program to heal heartburn naturally. This isn't a formal diet plan--no calorie counting required--but you'll probably shed some pounds while followingThe Acid Reflux Solution because these recipes were designed for good health. In fact, Dr. Jorge has not only healed his own heartburn since developing this plan, but he has also lost more than 30 pounds! In step one you make some simple lifestyle modifications, like raising the head of your bed, loosening your belt, and eating less but more often. These are easily achievable goals that you can start working on today. In step two, you start eating to avoid reflux. With 100 high-fiber, low-fat, portion-controlled recipes to choose from, this step is the most delicious--and surprising. The list of foods that actually trigger acid reflux is smaller than you might think, which means you can enjoy meals that you probably thought were off limits, like Cuban Black Bean Soup, Grass-Fed Beef and Portobello Blue Cheese Burgers, Asian Barbecued Chicken, and even Spaghetti and Meatballs. In the final step, you reduce the dosage and frequency of the medications you were taking to control your heartburn because you won't need them anymore. The Acid Reflux Solution combines the latest medical research with reflux-friendly recipes to help you feel great, lose weight, and live heartburn free.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.