- Table View
- List View
In the ever-growing field of sports nutrition and nutritional supplementation, it is imperative to have a comprehensive and extensive guide, which is exactly what Nutritional Supplements in Sports and Exercise provides. The editors and authors have skillfully structured their research and findings as they deliver an accessible wealth of knowledge to the general population, while also maintaining academic and professional integrity through quality based and advanced scientific research, which renders it useful in the professional environment by sports nutritionists, exercise physiologists, strength and conditioning/personal trainers, athletic trainers, registered dietitians, college/ professional sports affiliates, and academic programs. Not only does Nutritional Supplements in Sports and Exercise significantly cover the physical aspects of supplement usage, but it also expands its breadth as it notes the psychological effects upon users and discusses its various governmental regulations, and attempts to understand the future of nutritional supplements as the industry continues its likely growth. Nutritional Supplements in Sports and Exercise covers a timely subject, and offers interested readers knowledgeable insight into a rising industry plagued by concerns and question.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.