- Table View
- List View
Since the publication of the first edition of Core Topics in Cardiac Anaesthesia, the clinical landscape has undergone significant change. Recent developments include the increased use of electrophysiology, the resurgence of primary percutaneous intervention in acute coronary syndromes, the use of percutaneous devices in patients previously considered inoperable, and the withdrawal of aprotinin. Against this landscape, this invaluable resource has been fully updated. New chapters are dedicated to right heart valves, pulmonary vascular disease, cardiac tumours and cardiac trauma. All other chapters have been updated according to the latest international guidelines. Written and edited by an international author team with a wealth of expertise in all aspects of the perioperative care of cardiac patients, topics are presented in an easy to digest and a readily accessible manner. Core Topics in Cardiac Anaesthesia, Second Edition is essential reading for residents and fellows in anaesthesia and cardiac surgery and clinical perfusionists.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.