Joseph Martocchio's Employee Benefits: A Primer for Human Resource Professionals was written to promote a fuller understanding of employee benefits programs among students enrolled in college-level compensation and benefits courses. It's relevant to students who plan to be general managers, who deal with a variety of human resource issues in their day-to-day jobs, as well as to those who expect to be human resource practitioners. The real-world focus of Martocchio's text is evident on every page, as the author seeks to balance current academic thought with brief examples of contemporary benefits practices in business. Martocchio's Employee Benefits is forward-thinking and seeks to bring the topic into the mainstream of compensation understanding. The Fourth Edition continues to be concisely written, highlighting key issues in order to provide the reader with a solid foundation for discussing benefits issues with employee benefits professionals. As practices and laws affecting benefits change frequently, Martocchio stays on the cusp of recent developments, capturing all recent changes with his Fourth Edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.