- Table View
- List View
A study of the ethical questions and current responses.
This comprehensive guide exposes the security risks and vulnerabilities of computer networks and networked devices, offering advice on developing improved algorithms and best practices for enhancing system security. Fully revised and updated, this new edition embraces a broader view of computer networks that encompasses agile mobile systems and social networks. Features: provides supporting material for lecturers and students, including an instructor's manual, slides, solutions, and laboratory materials; includes both quick and more thought-provoking exercises at the end of each chapter; devotes an entire chapter to laboratory exercises; discusses flaws and vulnerabilities in computer network infrastructures and protocols; proposes practical and efficient solutions to security issues; explores the role of legislation, regulation, and law enforcement in maintaining computer and computer network security; examines the impact of developments in virtualization, cloud computing, and mobile systems.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.