- Table View
- List View
This book helps students to identify and analyze the ethical and social responsibility of communicators; to identify the components of the communication process and their functions; to explain the importance of effective communication skills in personal, professional, and social contexts; to recognize audience as an important element in building responsible communication skills and to realize the importance and impact of both verbal and nonverbal communication.
Describes how to research, organize, write, and deliver different kinds of speeches and discusses related forms of communication such as debates, oral interpretation, and radio.
Glencoe Speechis an introductory speech text for high school students. The text covers the full range of speech topics, from different types of interpersonal communication to preparing and presenting speeches to debate and parliamentary procedure, making it a good fit for all introductory speech classes. Glencoe Speechis authored by three leading high school speech teachers and debate coaches - Randall McCutcheon, James Shaeffer, and Joe Wycoff - and provides you with the most effective techniques and strategies for teaching speech/communication. Features include interviews with real people from a variety of occupations who describe how communication is involved in day to day activities. Glencoe Speechis an ideal text for both college prep and students making their way into the world of work.
Glencoe Speech introduces students to the speech and communication skills that will benefit them forever. - Covers a wide range of topics including debate, presentations, interpersonal skills, nonverbal communication, interviewing, and speeches - Prepare the future workforce for success with exercises and tips from real professionals from a variety of occupations - Enhance lessons and bring the text to life with the Communication Video Library - Motivate students with strong examples from their peers with selections from the Great Student Speeches booklet
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.