- Table View
- List View
The objective of this introductory text is to familiarise students with the basic elements of fluid mechanics so that they will be familiar with the jargon of the discipline and the expected results. At the same time, this book serves as a long-term reference text, contrary to the oversimplified approach occasionally used for such introductory courses. The second objective is to provide a comprehensive foundation for more advanced courses in fluid mechanics (within disciplines such as mechanical or aerospace engineering). In order to avoid confusing the students, the governing equations are introduced early, and the assumptions leading to the various models are clearly presented. This provides a logical hierarchy and explains the interconnectivity between the various models. Supporting examples demonstrate the principles and provide engineering analysis tools for many engineering calculations.
Low-Speed Aerodynamics is important in the design and operation of aircraft flying at low Mach number, as well as for ground and marine vehicles. This book offers a modern treatment of the subject, both the theory of inviscid, incompressible, and irrotational aerodynamics and the computational techniques now available to solve complex problems. A unique feature of the text is the computational approach (from a single vortex element to a three-dimensional panel formulation) interwoven throughout. Thus, the reader can learn about classical methods to solve real world aerodynamics problems. This second edition includes a new chapter on the laminar boundary layer, the latest versions of computational technique, and additional coverage of interaction problems. It includes a systematic treatment of two-dimensional panel methods and a detailed presentation of computational techniques for three-dimensional and unsteady flows. With extensive illustrations and examples, this book will be useful for senior and beginning graduate-level courses as well as a useful reference for practicing engineers. Book jacket.
Selected essays about the novel.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.