The first book in a fresh and funny new chapter book series, told completely in emails, about a boy named Eddie and a naughty pet dragon!Dear Uncle Morton, You'd better got on a plane right now and come back here. Your dragon has eaten Jemima. Emily loved that rabbit! It had sounded so easy: Eddie just needed to look after Uncle Morton's unusual pet for a week while he went on vacation. But soon the fridge is empty, the curtains are blazing, and the mailman is fleeing down the front path. The Dragonsitter will have readers laughing out loud and begging for more adventures.
Book 2 in a fresh and funny chapter book series, told completely in emails, about the misadventures of Eddie and a naughty pet dragon! Dear Uncle Morton: Ziggy won't move from the linen closet. He still hasn't eaten a thing. I'm really quite worried about him. Eddie had thought that dragonsitting would be easy this time--until Ziggy disappears, only to be found in the linen closet, refusing to budge. Then, Eddie learns that his uncle's dragon has been keeping a big secret. The Dragonsitter Takes Off takes readers along on a high-flying ride that will have them begging for more adventures!
Dear Uncle Morton: Your dragons are still here. They have eaten the entire contents of the fridge and most of the cans in the pantry too. Arthur also swallowed three spoons and the remote control. Mom says they will probably come out the other end, but I'm not really looking forward to that. --EddieWhen Eddie takes Uncle Morton's dragons with him on Christmas vacation, it's not long before they're causing all sorts of mischief. Turns out, dragonsitting isn't getting any easier for Eddie. Throw in a castle, a sneezing dragon, and a big box of fireworks, and it looks like this trip might end with a bang!The Dragonsitter's Castle will have readers laughing out loud and begging for more high-flying adventures!
"Only boring people get bored...Interesting people can always find something to be interested in." That's what Tom Trelawney's father says, anyway. Tom shouldn't have been interested in playing with matches but he was...bored. Now the shed is in ashes and strange Uncle Harvey is the only one willing to have him stay while his parents vacation. Tom soon discovers Harvey is going to South America on a treasure hunt and though nephews aren't invited, he manages to tag along. Before it's over he'll drive a car, fire a gun and run for his life. Tom realizes that life may be about following the rules, but survival may be about breaking them.
As in the middle grade series debut Island of Thieves, scrappy twelve-year-old Tom Trelawney and his swashbuckling Uncle Harvey are a dynamite combination--in the dangerous, explosive sort of way. This time around, they impulsively fly from Ireland to India in hot pursuit of a small bejeweled tiger that yet another Trelawney, a British soldier, allegedly plundered in 1799. They're pretty sure they can get a couple million dollars for it too, if they can make it past a gun-happy Aussie and a pit of man-eating tigers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.