- Table View
- List View
Join us on a journey to find a faith of your own.A faith that isn't your parents' or your youth pastor's or your church's.Start from scratch, question everything, and get hold of a faith that's real.We call it firsthand faith. "It's rare to find young people unafraid to voice their doubts while still being bold in their faith. Ryan and Josh are two of those people."--Mark Batterson, lead pastor of National Community Church, Washington, DC, and author of the New York Times bestseller The Circle Maker "All Christian parents want their children to develop a faith of their own. Firsthand asks tough questions and guides those with a secondhand faith to find Christ for themselves." --Craig Groeschel, pastor of LifeChurch.tv, Edmond, OK, and author of Soul Detox "Josh and Ryan Shook, the sons of well-known pastor and author Kerry Shook, have fully embraced the fact that although their dad gave them a great start, they need to run their own race. Learn how to embrace a firsthand faith and walk in the strength of a personal relationship with Christ."--Steven Furtick, lead pastor of Elevation Church, Charlotte, NC, and author of the New York Times bestseller Greater"Ryan and Josh Shook don't shy away from the tough questions but face them head-on in this powerful book that will encourage young adults not to settle for an inherited faith but to discover a true relationship with Jesus that is unique, exciting, and every bit their own."--Pete Wilson, pastor of Cross Point Church, Nashville, TN, and author of Plan BFrom the Hardcover edition.from the Shooks about their own struggles with these questions, along with the life-changing answers they've discovered from the Bible and personal experience. You'll hear from other Christ followers, too, about their search for firsthand faith. And each chapter is designed to be shared--to spark a discussion with your friends--and comes complete with personal inventories, small group discussion questions, and links to creative video. "Firsthand faith is the only kind that lasts because it's centered deep in your own mind and heart," write Ryan and Josh. "Sure, it's still a work in progress, but it's yours. It's you. In fact, firsthand faith is so real and personal that when hard times hit, it just gets stronger."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.