- Table View
- List View
In this first book of a three-part series, another wormhole has opened near DS9 and what lies within is a secret that could mean destruction of the galaxy. Only the crew of Deep Space 9 can stop it, but will they have time?
At last! The long awaited novel featuring both famous crews of theStarship Enterprisein an epic adventure that spans time and space. Captain Kirk and the crew of theU. S. S. EnterpriseNCC-1701 are faced with their most challenging mission yet--rescuing renowned scientist Zefram Cochrane from captors who want to use his skills to conquer the galaxy. Meanwhile, ninety-nine years in the future on theU. S. S. EnterpriseNCC-1701-D, Picard mustrescue an important and mysterious person whose safety is vital to the survival of the Federation. As the two crews struggle to fulfill their missions, destiny draws them closer together until pastand future merge--and the fate of each of the two legendary starships rests in the hands of the other vessel. . .
Most women have dieted and exercised their entire lives. It's always the same yo-yo story-lose the weight, gain it back, over and over again. Or they'll lose most of the weight but they can't burn off those last stubborn 5-10 pounds. Or they've got very intense exercise regimens-personal trainer and all, but still they don't have the results they've been looking for: tight buns, strong arms, and a flat belly. The reason for this is that no one, until now, has been as qualified as Judith Sherman-Wolin, Exercise Specialist at the UCLA Center for Nutrition, to reveal the secrets of dumbbells. Sherman-Wolin has developed a fast, easy dumbbell program that anyone can do at home and can set up for less than it costs to go to a gym every month.
The crew of Deep Space 9 is trapped in a future where the Pah-wraiths have triumphed and where Starfleet is a tattered fleet. Will this bring about the destruction of the entire galaxy?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.