- Table View
- List View
Revamped, expanded, and still meticulously thorough, this reference is an essential tool for both experienced and new beadworkers. The original authors, both among the craft's most respected beaders, have revisited and revised the previous edition to bring it up to date with today's bead world. New products, such as stringing materials and synthetic waxes, are discussed, along with time-saving tricks and tips for every aspect of beading. Sections about off-loom stitches, stringing, finishing techniques such as picot edging and branched fringe, and embroidering, knitting, and crocheting with beads all feature updated instructions along with a new section on semiprecious stones. Full of definitions and illustrations, the book's step-by-step instructions, reference charts, and project photos inform and inspire.
Everything you need to know to knit like a pro! Knitting Know-How isn't just another collection of knitting techniques-it's an indispensable resource for making every stitch better! From basic knit and purl stitches to cables, lace, color knitting and garment design, you'll learn the ins and outs of improving your knitting and choosing one technique over another for the results you want. If you have ever wondered which cast-ons are suitable for socks, why you should always (always!) knit a gauge swatch, or how to fix a mis-crossed cable, this book is for you! Discover hundreds of essential techniques, demonstrated with clear step-by-step photos and no-nonsense instructions. Learn how your choices in technique and knitting method can make all the difference in your finished pieces. Design your own garments-or adjust existing patterns-with clear examples and lessons that demystify the math. Put your knowledge to work with 8 project lessons, including double-knit mittens, stranded colorwork socks and an intricately cabled Aran sweater. Are you ready to become a master knitter? Gather your yarn and needles and open this book-your knitting will thank you!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.