New Dimensions in Women's Health: Sixth Edition is a comprehensive and practical text that offers students the tools to understand the health of women of all cultures, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, and sexual orientations. The fully revised and updated sixth edition gives women critical information needed to optimize their well-being, avoid illness and injury, and support their health. Each chapter presents in-depth coverage of an important aspect of women's health and examines the contributing epidemiological, historical, psycho-social, cultural, ethical, legal, political, and economic influences. This text is appropriate for undergraduate students studying Health Education, Nursing, and Women's Studies as well as students in general health education electives.
New Dimensions in Women's Health, Fifth Edition, offers a practical approach to understanding the health of women--all races, ethnicities, socioeconomic status, cultures, and orientations. Objective and data-driven, the Fifth Edition provides solid guidance for women to optimize their well-being and prevent illness and impairment. Each chapter of this book comprehensively reviews an important dimension of a woman's general health and examines the contributing epidemiological, historical, psychosocial, cultural/ethical, legal, political, and economic influences. Click here to make your transition to the new edition even easier!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.