This book introduces some of the specific contexts in which today's counsellors and psychotherapists find themselves working. It draws upon the experience of counsellors active in their field and uses relevant examples of the potential pitfalls and rewards of counselling in diverse institutional settings. Counsellors are introduced to the regulatory, legislative, economic, social and cultural considerations relevant to the confidential work between counsellor and client. They are also encouraged to think beyond the therapy room to the institutional context of the encounter with the client while keeping professional identity and integrity at the forefront of their work.
This comprehensive introduction to Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy lays out the background and fundamentals of the approach covering theory and practice. Gendlin, after many articles on Focusing-oriented psychotherapy, finally published the text Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy in 1996, making these ideas more widely available to the world. With contributions from some of the world's most influential contemporary Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapists and a foreword by Gendlin, this book provides a long overdue survey of this growing field. It explores how Focusing has been integrated with other theoretical orientations such as attachment theory, solution focused therapy, relational psychoanalysis, and existential therapy. Contemporary issues in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy are also covered, such as its suitability across cultures, and how it relates to the latest findings in the field of neuroscience. The book is essential reading for all practicing therapists and counselors, as well as trainee therapists, particularly those who want to explore the potential of experiential dimensions in their therapy and coaching practice. Jessica Kingsley Publishers also publishes a companion volume, Emerging Practice in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy: Innovative Theory and Applications, edited by Greg Madison .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.