- Table View
- List View
Does Lois care enough about Green to follow someone else's ideas to save it? How will members of Green work together to redevelop the town's shrinking economy?
Small-town journalist Lois Barker expects her wedding day to make headlines, but little does she know what a historic day it will turn out to be or how the events of that day will impact the residents of Green. .
Lois, a corporate journalist at a large paper in the Midwest, inherits a small twice-weekly newspaper in rural North Louisiana. She must keep it for at least a year--a year with a host of challenges, lessons, and blessings. .
Journalist Lois Barker is excited about her decision to keep the newspaper and put down roots in Green, Louisiana but the second year in Green has scarcely been rung in before Lois is wrung out. The former owners of the paper want it back, the mayors dog bites her, someone sets fire to her newspaper, her garage burns to the ground, and her best friend back home announces her engagement. Lois finds her fresh hopes turning stale and wonders if she'll be up to the challenges.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.