- Table View
- List View
Does Lois care enough about Green to follow someone else's ideas to save it? How will members of Green work together to redevelop the town's shrinking economy?
Small-town journalist Lois Barker expects her wedding day to make headlines, but little does she know what a historic day it will turn out to be or how the events of that day will impact the residents of Green. .
Lois, a corporate journalist at a large paper in the Midwest, inherits a small twice-weekly newspaper in rural North Louisiana. She must keep it for at least a year--a year with a host of challenges, lessons, and blessings. .
Journalist Lois Barker is excited about her decision to keep the newspaper and put down roots in Green, Louisiana but the second year in Green has scarcely been rung in before Lois is wrung out. The former owners of the paper want it back, the mayors dog bites her, someone sets fire to her newspaper, her garage burns to the ground, and her best friend back home announces her engagement. Lois finds her fresh hopes turning stale and wonders if she'll be up to the challenges.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.