- Table View
- List View
The book helps students prepare for a career in early childhood education. It teaches practical techniques to guide children through a variety of daily experiences in safe, educational ways. It also includes an overview of physical, intellectual, social, and emotional characteristics of young children.
Working with Young Children focuses on the application of child development principles to the care of children in group settings. Introduce your students to the fast-growing field of child care services, and help them learn the necessary skills. This popular text features an inviting, colorful format and up-to-date topics. -- Topics include the CDA credential; guidance principles; water play, sand play, and block building experiences; new social studies topics; and more on-the-job application process. -- Helps students develop effective skills for guiding children and for keeping them safe and healthy. -- Provides instruction for setting up a developmentally-appropriate environment. -- Covers planning and implementing curriculum that will meet children's needs and hold their interest. -- Includes hundreds of full-color photos taken in actual child care settings.
Working with Young Children introduces students to the fast-growing field of early childhood education. Students will develop skills for guiding children effectively while keeping them healthy and safe. Working with Young Children applies child development principles to child care settings. On-site photos enhance the inviting, colorful format. This text provides current health, safety, and nutrition information plus additional coverage of technology, cultural diversity, family stressors, and child care careers. · New sections address licensing rules and regulations in addition to historical influences on early child care and education. · New chapter-opening activities include Key Concepts, Graphic Organizers, and Reading Advantage pre-reading activities. · New features appearing throughout the chapters include Safety First, Focus on Health, Learn More About..., and Workplace Connections. · Expanded chapter reviews provide more Cross-Curricular Links and new Thinking Critically, Using Technology, and Portfolio Project activities. · Appendix now includes NAEYC's Core Values.
This activity guide is designed for use with the text Working with Young Children. It will help you recall, review, and expand on the concepts presented in the text. It will also help you understand how to meet children's developmental needs as you teach and care for them.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.