- Table View
- List View
This guide provides comprehensive coverage of the historian's research process from formulating a research question to how to find, evaluate, and work with sources of all types written and nonwritten, in print and online. The writing process is explained thoroughly as advice on creating a strong thesis and writing an effective paper culminates with a model student research paper.
This compact, best-selling introduction to the study of history equips students with all the skills they need to succeed in a history course. A thoroughly class-tested guide through eight editions, the ninth edition provides students with even more practical tools and features -- including new, hands-on exercises -- that reinforce basic skills and explain tricky issues, saving instructors valuable classroom time.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.