- Table View
- List View
"Nixy Bauer, Home in an Hour"Nixy Bauer is used to her classmates being very, very unhappy to see her. After all, she's working with the enemy--she's on their parents' payrolls.Nixy is a bounty hunter in a virtual-reality gaming world. Kids in the MEEP, as they call it, play entirely with their minds, while their bodies languish in a sleeplike state on the couch. Irritated parents, looking to wrench their kids back to reality, hire Nixy to jump into the game and retrieve them. Luckily for Nixy and her wallet, she's the best leveller out there.But when the game's billionaire developer--and Nixy's parents' boss--loses track of his own son in the MEEP, Nixy is in for the biggest challenge of her bounty-hunting career. Wyn Salvador isn't some lazy kid looking to escape his homework, and this is no ordinary levelling job: Wyn does not want to be found. And he's left behind a suicide note.Nixy takes the job but quickly discovers that Wyn's not hiding--he's being held inside the game against his will. But who is holding him captive, and why?Nixy and Wyn attempt to fight their way out of a mind game unlike any they've encountered. And the battle brings them closer than either could have imagined. But when the whole world is virtual, how can Nixy possibly know what's real?
Kehl hates pirates. His father, the Warrior Prince, has always told him they were responsible for his mother's death. So when he is kidnapped by Temoc, the Pirate King, Kehl is more furious than frightened. But Temoc is mapping the vast seas known as the Carrillon and needs Kehl's cartography expertise. As Kehl spends more and more time with Temoc and his crew, he comes to realize that his father has not been honest with him and that his past is linked to the future of the new world he is mapping.
Marisol loves helping her father out on Friday nights in his music shop as their neighbors stop by to visit and listen to their favorite dance music from their home countries.
Calepino was blessed with good fortune. After his mother died giving birth to him on a slave ship, he was taken in by a wealthy woman who gave him every advantage. Then on his thirteenth birthday, Father Pedro, a devout priest, asks Calepino to assist him with the slaves coming into Cartagena. Soon he's fighting seasickness, living in squalor, and cursing every minute. That all begins to change when he meets Mara and Tomi, a mother and son who remind him of his own past. When Tomi and Mara are sold to a cruel man, Calepino is more determined than ever to find a way to save them. Will this be his chance to change someone else's fortune, or will he put them all in more peril?Richly detailed and researched, Julia Durango's gripping first novel brings to life what it means to be truly free.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.