- Table View
- List View
There is a special bond between a mother and her daughter that human relationships, is unparalleled. These stories are of love and courage, loss and reunion, sacrifice and redemption and everyday caring that make up life.
The relationship between a mother and daughter is one of the most profound bonds in life. A mother feels her daughter's first kick during pregnancy, labors to bring her daughter into the world and watches as she takes her first breath of life. Similarly, a daughter opens up a new world and range of emotions to her mother, allowing her to feel an unconditional love she didn't know she possessed. For new moms in awe of their daughter's first step, veteran moms in a panic as their daughter leaves for her first prom or seasoned moms who have just caught themselves saying "Because I said so!" each will be touched and inspired by these heartwarming stories that share the life-defining moments of the mother/daughter relationship. Celebrity contributions include stories by Jacquelyn Mitchard and Joan Borysenko. Chapters include A Mother's Love; A Daughter's Love; Memories; Challenges; Lessons; Like Mother, Like Daughter; Loss and Healing; and Timeless Wisdom. This is the perfect book for all the special women in our lives for Mother's Day, a birthday, or any day.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Celebrating Mothers and Daughters: A Celebration of Our Most Important Bondby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Dorothy Firman Julie Firman Frances Firman Salorio
For mothers and daughters about the complexities, cherished moments and greatest lessons they've learned from one another, this companion to the bestselling "Chicken Soup for the Mother and Daughter Soul" delves into this intricate and unique bond.
A must-read for mothers and daughters about the complexities, cherished moments, and greatest lessons they've learned from one another This compilation of stories will touch the reader's soul with the funny moments and sentimental times shared by mothers and daughters. This volume includes stories about young women leaving home for the first time to attend college, how mothers and daughters at odds with each other learn to forgive and forget, and how one daughter comes to terms with saying goodbye. The relationship a mother and daughter shares is at times difficult, but in the end, it can be one of the most precious.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.