- Table View
- List View
The archaeological society had been let into George Stebbing's lower meadow to unearth Anglo-Saxon relics. What they dug up was a corpse. Not fresh, but certainly not ancient, thought Detective Inspector Rudd as he peered into the grave where the mysterious body had lain for several years. Not enough flesh remained for fingerprints. There were no teeth to help with identification, and certainly no way to tell what the man looked like except for strands of brown and gray hair. It would take all of Rudd's experience from his years with the Chelmsford C.I.D. to identify this poor soul, to discover how he was murdered ... and to find who killed him. But Rudd already had his suspicions. They began with a crucifix on a chain and led back into the past to buried secrets, passion, and revenge.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.