- Table View
- List View
Frankly, he preferred humans. Rescued from a slave market by a human trader and raised as his son, one question has haunted Heyoka Blackeagle through the years: who - and what - is he? He feels human, indeed he feels like a somewhat alienated member of his father's tribe. So what if he is seven feet tall, furry, and equipped with retractable claws? Human is as human does...Right?
WOULD THEY DESTROY EARTH IN ORDER TO SAVE IT? Conquered by the Jao twenty years ago, the Earth is shackled under alien tyranny-and threatened by the even more dangerous Ekhat, who are sending a genocidal extermination fleet to the solar system. Humanity's only chance rests with an unusual pair of allies: a young Jao prince, newly arrived to Terra to assume his duties, and a young human woman brought up amongst the Jao occupiers. But both are under pressure from the opposing forces-a cruel Jao viceroy on one side, determined to drown all opposition in blood; a reckless human resistance on the other, perfectly prepared to shed it. Added to the mix is the fact that only by adopting some portions of human technology and using human sepoy troops can the haughty Jao hope to defeat the oncoming Ekhat attack-and then only by fighting the battle within the Sun itself.
In this thrilling science fiction classic, author K.D. Wentworth sets the stage for her ground-breaking House of Moons series, introducing Haemas Sennay Tal--the Moonspeaker.<P> Daughter of one of the most powerful families of the mindtalented Kashi, Haemas lived a life of privilege until her life was shattered by a brutal attack on her father and the accusation that she committed the heinous crime. Forced to flee across the forsaken Barrier, she learns that her father's death was only a small part of a much larger plot to destroy the fabric of reality itself. Haemas must master her extraordinary mindtalents before she is killed--and the fabric of the world is torn asunder.
Discover Imaginative New Worlds of Tomorrow. Discover the new visionaries of imagination in the Writers of the Future. Established in 1983 by L. Ron Hubbard expressly for the aspiring writer, Writers of the Future has become the most respected and significant forum for new talent in all aspects of speculative fiction. Never before published first-rate science fiction and fantasy stories selected by top names in the field. "Not only is the writing excellent...it is also extremely varied. There's a lot of hot new talent in it." --Locus Magazine
Writers of the Future Volume 27 showcases the thirteen best science fiction and fantasy short stories of the year, illustrated by the most talented aspiring artists!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.