- Table View
- List View
Kaplan's exclusive strategies, practice, and review help high school students ace the ACT exam. A record number of students is taking the ACT--over 1. 5 million 2011 high school graduates took the exam. As more students take the ACT, the need for a higher score increases as colleges can be more selective. A strong ACT score can help students get crucial financial aid and stand out from the competition. Kaplan ACT 2013: Strategies, Practice, and Review contains proven tools to help raise ACT scores, as well as a variety of effective self-study options to help students with this crucial exam. Included in this book: A reader-friendly design to appeal to high school students New tips and strategies from a Kaplan expert for achieving higher scores Advice from an ACT tutor, and a Kaplan student who got a perfect score on the test A Parents' Guide ACT group study guide Three full-length practice tests An online diagnostic quiz Detailed answer explanations Coverage of all test material .
Includes: 4 full-length practice tests, Diagnostic test with personalized feedback, Additional practice online, Personalized study.
Features: *1,000 frequently tested SAT words and their definitions *A reader-friendly sample sentence for each word *The pronunciation and part of speech for each word *A quick review section at the end of each chapter *Catchy mnemonic devices that will appeal to student interests
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.