- Table View
- List View
- First book to offer a practical timeline for beating writer's block - Written by psychologist and novelist Karen E. Peterson, Ph. D. - Features techniques based on new brain research Sound familiar? This is what Dr. Karen E. Peterson--who has overcome writer's block herself--calls "the write-or-flight response. " In this revolutionary book, psychologist and novelist Karen E. Peterson presents an easy, effective way to beat writer's block in only ten days. Based on new brain research and sound psychological principles, this innovative program shows writers how to conquer writer's block using: - Exercises to conquer the "write-or-flight" response - Techniques to create that elusive "writing mood" - Parallel monologue and interior dialogue to jumpstart the writing process - Checklists to see which side of the brain is blocking you With case examples and a healthy dollop of humor, Write. helps both seasoned and neophyte writers to enjoy the process of sending their creativity--and productivity--soaring to new heights.
You can revolutionize your writing experience and take work to a whole new level. The key to great writing is not what you are writing, but how you are writing. In The Write Type, psychologist and novelist Karen E. Peterson shows you how to identify exactly what kind of writer you are, determine your unique preferences and tendencies, and then use them to create a personalized writing system that gets results. Book jacket.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.