- Table View
- List View
- First book to offer a practical timeline for beating writer's block - Written by psychologist and novelist Karen E. Peterson, Ph. D. - Features techniques based on new brain research Sound familiar? This is what Dr. Karen E. Peterson--who has overcome writer's block herself--calls "the write-or-flight response. " In this revolutionary book, psychologist and novelist Karen E. Peterson presents an easy, effective way to beat writer's block in only ten days. Based on new brain research and sound psychological principles, this innovative program shows writers how to conquer writer's block using: - Exercises to conquer the "write-or-flight" response - Techniques to create that elusive "writing mood" - Parallel monologue and interior dialogue to jumpstart the writing process - Checklists to see which side of the brain is blocking you With case examples and a healthy dollop of humor, Write. helps both seasoned and neophyte writers to enjoy the process of sending their creativity--and productivity--soaring to new heights.
You can revolutionize your writing experience and take work to a whole new level. The key to great writing is not what you are writing, but how you are writing. In The Write Type, psychologist and novelist Karen E. Peterson shows you how to identify exactly what kind of writer you are, determine your unique preferences and tendencies, and then use them to create a personalized writing system that gets results. Book jacket.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.