- Table View
- List View
In today's health care environment, occupational therapy practitioners in clinical and leadership positions must be prepared to ensure that clients receive the highest quality of care; staff morale and efficiency remain high; businesses and organizations are profitable; and the profession is recognized by other health care professionals, reimbursers, and clients as a valuable service steeped in evidence. The Occupational Therapy Manager, 5th Edition can help occupational therapy practitioners become capable, effective leaders across all practice settings. This new edition includes 37 new and updated chapters, discussing the how-to aspects of creating evidence-based practices; effectively leading and motivating staff; ensuring ethical service delivery; and important day-to-day items such as budgeting, documentation, and reimbursement. Chapters also are updated to reflect health care reform and its potential effects on occupational therapy. Highlights Include-- *Section I: Defining and Rethinking Management *Section II: Strategic Planning *Section III: Leading and Organizing *Section IV: Controlling Outcomes *Section V: Public Policy, Professional Standards, and Collaboration *Section VI: Supervision *Appendixes--Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Ethics Standards, Scope of Practice, and more The Occupational Therapy Manager is the best-selling and most comprehensive management book in the profession and is a fundamental, classic text for all occupational therapy students, practitioners, and managers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.