- Table View
- List View
Discover the ultimate technique-based guide for one of the top trends in jewelry making-chain maille. InChain Maille Jewelry Workshop, you'll find more than two dozen techniques for making today's most popular chain maille weaves-from simple chains to beaded wonders to intricate Dragonscale. Jewelry artist and author Karen Karon pairs in-depth, step-by-step instructions with color illustrations that show exactly where to place the next jump ring. You'll also get a thorough but flexible approach to techniques that prove weaving can be done in a multitude of ways and demonstrations on "speed weaving," which is ideal for large projects. Designs progressively increase in complexity, so every jewelry maker-beginner or pro-will find inspiration and projects that suite their skill level. What's more to love? Every chapter provides a unique jewelry project and a plethora of design advice, visual inspiration, shortcuts, tips, and tricks, as well as guidance for attaching clasps and findings. It's no wonder thatChain Maille Jewelry Workshopis the ideal resource for innovation and originality in chain maille jewelry making.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.