- Table View
- List View
Count from one to ten as Mommy and baby count their hugs throughout the day. From one nuzzle-wuzzle wake-up hug, to four "I'll always catch you!" sliding hugs, all the way to ten "I love you!" good-night hugs, this book captures some of the special moments mother and child share. In the style of Karen Katz's COUNTING KISSES, this is a simple, fun, bright book that mommies will love to read with their little ones.
HOORAY! HOORAY! Soon it will be Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is a time of new beginnings. Follow one little girl as she learns how to welcome the coming year and experience all the festivities surrounding it. This warm and lively introduction to a special holiday will make even the youngest child want to start a Chinese New Year tradition.
Hooray! Hooray! It's time to get ready for Kwanzaa. During the seven days of Kwanzaa we celebrate the importance of family, friends, and community. This warm and lively introduction to a special holiday will help even the youngest children join the festivities!
Look! There is the new moon in the sky. It's time for Ramadan to begin. Follow along with one young boy as he observes the Muslim holy month with his family. This year, he wants to try to fast like the grown-ups do, and even the youngest readers will be interested as he shares his experiences of this special holiday.
Even the most angelic babies sometimes bite. This lift-the-flap story shows that even though they may misbehave sometimes, they really know how act most of the time. Teach children the right and wrong time for each action.
Poor Princess Baby. It's bedtime, but she isn't sleepy in this adorable follow-up to the first Princess Baby book. After all, there is so much a princess baby needs to do. PJs need to be put on, toys need to be put away, the perfect book needs to be chosen, and her beloved subjects need to brush their teeth! It's a very busy time in Princess Baby's room. Young readers will want to climb into their own beds when our pint-sized heroine finally pulls up the covers and goes "night-night."
Who better to offer advice to children facing the first day of preschool than the hugely popular, bestselling Karen Katz? It's the first day of preschool, and the narrator, Rosie, knows everything a new preschooler needs to know. Rosie introduces the reader to her cubby, her teacher, her reading circle, her music class, her lunch table, and more. With gentle, reassuring language and Katz's signature bold, bright, and sweet artwork, Rosie Goes to Preschool will surely be a hit among the legions of children who have grown up reading Katz's books. Now that these big boys and girls are ready to take their first big steps into school, Karen Katz is here to help.
Join Lena as she makes twelve hats-one for each month of the year! Includes some simple directions for making your own hats.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.