- Table View
- List View
Family Power is a comprehensive guide to healthful weight management for all members of the family, including children and adolescents. The latest scientific research has shown that children are strongly influenced by the food- and physical activity-related decisions made by parents and other family members, and this knowledge provides the basis for the advice in this breakthrough book.
She loses, he loses... and everybody wins! There's no doubt about it-when couples embark on a weight-loss program together, they improve their chance of success. Now Weight Watchers, the world's leader in providing weight-loss information, services, and support, presents this practical guide specifically designed to help women and men work together to lose weight and keep it off. It explains the many differences between the sexes when it comes to weight gain and loss and helps couples overcome these differences with dependable and insightful information on: The weight-health connection and how the genders differ Male and female differences in body image The language of weight loss Why men lose weight faster than women Different weight-loss motivators for men and women Eating and exercise strategies that work best for women and men How best to support your partner's weight-loss efforts Research shows that women and men who live together - from newlyweds to empty-nesters - tend to gain weight at similar times. The good news is that, working together as a team, your chances of losing those extra pounds increase. Weight Watchers She Loses, He Loses gives you the information, strategies, and insights you need to make it happen.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.