- Table View
- List View
Kane. The Mystic Swordsman becomes the living link with the awesome power of a vanished superrace. In the dark swamp where toadmen croak and cower, slumbers a secret relic of the days when creatures from the stars ruled the Earth. In the booty captured in a savage raid, Kane discovers a ring, a bloodstone, which is key to the power that lies buried, inactive but not dead, within the forest. Now Kane, whose bloody sword has slashed and killed for the glory of other rulers, can scheme to rule the Earth - himself!
Collects five occult tales about Kane, red-haired and left-handed mighty being: ? Reflections for the Winter of My Soul (1973) ? Misericorde (1983) ? The Other One (1977) ? Sing a Last Song of Valdese (1976) ? Raven's Eyrie (1977)
Kane the Mystic Swordsman encounters an ancient cult of evil. The cruel cult of Sataki has come to life again, and Orted Ak-Ceddi, a daring outlaw, is its prophet. Orted knows he must have a powerful cavalry to launch a new drive - and Kane is the man who can command the conquest. But Kane intends no final victory for the Forces of Darkness - he intends to rule the earth himself!
Kane - indestructible swordsman, invincible sorcerer, immortal wanderer through strange worlds. Efrel, Empress of Pellin, seeks vengeance on the King of Thovnos and chooses Kane as her champion.
A quest that takes Kane into forbidden wastelands, and tests his killer skills against the most brutal forces ever summoned against a single man. Kane faces death duels in strange swamps, assassins' attacks, the heart-freezing terror of the werewolf - and lives to laugh at danger. But he knows that his strength, and perhaps his very soul, is lost when he enters the erotic web of the vampire...
Gods in Darkness is a 520 page work of heroic fantasy written by Karl Edward Wagner, the celebrated author and editor of horror fiction and dark fantasy. It contains the three novels about Kane, Bloodstone, Dark Crusade, and Darkness Weaves that Wagner wrote in the late 1970s. Night Shade Books introduces its 2002 edition in these words: cursed to wander the earth until he is destroyed by the violence that he himself has created. as comfortable in the shadowy halls of courtly intrigue as he is on the bloody battlefields where those intrigues inevitably play themselves out. The complex and compelling character of Kane redefines the boundaries of heroic fantasy, and stands beside Michael Moorcock's Iilric, and Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and Gray Mouser as one of the most idiosyncratic and compelling characters of the fantasy genre. This volume gathers together in one volume the complete novels of Kane.
Where once the mighty Kane has passed, no one who lives forgets. Now, down the trail of past battles, Kane travels again. To the ruins of a devastated city peopled only with half-men and the waif they call their queen. To the half-burnt tavern where a woman Kane wronged long ago holds his child in keeping for the Devil. To the cave kingdom of the giants where glory and its aftermath await discovery. To the house of death itself where Kane retrieves a woman in love. The past, the future, the present - all these are one for Kane as he travels through the centuries.
Horror story anthology THE YEAR'S BEST HORROR STORIES: XI A ghostly whisper... a glimpse of fangs and claws... the rattle of chains... a trail of blood... a vanished loved one... pursuit by something unseen... these are the things that horror grows from, the bizarre, the supernatural, the truly frightening. And, in the magnificent tradition of the genre, here is another splendid collection in that most unique horror series, a gallery of seventeen nightmare masterpieces by such top authors in the field as Ramsey Campbell, Dennis Etchison, Michael Kube-McDowell, Manly Wade Wellman, M. John Harrison, and Thomas Monteleone.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.