- Table View
- List View
Information is power--and when you or a loved one is faced with a cancer diagnosis, the need for accurate and trusted medical information becomes urgent. The Definitive Guide to Cancer, now in its third edition, encourages you to take an integrative approach that embraces both alternative and conventional therapies across the spectrum of cancer prevention, treatment, and healing. Naturopathic physician Lise N. Alschuler and medical journalist Karolyn A. Gazella present an overview of what cancer is, its causes and preventative strategies, an in-depth approach to integrative treatment options, descriptions of key body functions, and discussions of more than twenty specific cancers. This comprehensive guide delivers informed hope along with effective tools for reclaiming your vitality in the midst of cancer treatment, healing, and recovery. From the Trade Paperback edition.
A companion to The Definitive Guide to Cancer, this practical and fully revised guide (formerly titled Five to Thrive) outlines a five-step plan integrating both conventional and alternative therapies for cancer survivors. There are more than 13 million cancer survivors in the United States who, although they have finished treatment, often live in fear of recurrence. The Definitive Guide to Thriving After Cancercombats that fear by teaching readers not just how to survive, but how to thrive after cancer. The authors' integrative health plan, Five to Thrive, combines both natural and conventional healing methods to support and enhance five critical pathways to better health: immune, inflammation, insulin resistance, hormones, and digestion/detoxification. While other health plans may focus on one or two of these functions, this book is the only program that emphasizes a comprehensive approach needed for optimal health and recurrence prevention.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.