Journalist and Philadelphia native Karrie Gavin guides travelers around her hometown, from exploring Wissahickon Park to sampling the city's renowned cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, and hoagies. Gavin also includes one-of-a-kind trip ideas such as the Two-Day Best of Philadelphia and Philly's Culinary Classics. With advice on the visiting the Philadelphia Museum of Art, enjoying recreational opportunities on the Schuylkill River, and navigating Philly's nightlife,Moon Philadelphiagives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
Journalist and Philadelphia native Karrie Gavin guides travelers around her hometown in Moon Philadelphia. She knows the best way to experience the City of Brotherly Love, whether it's exploring the 9,200 acres of Fairmount Park or sampling the city's renowned cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, and hoagies. With advice on the navigating Philly's nightlife, wandering the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and enjoying recreational opportunities on the Schuylkill River, Moon Philadelphia gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.