- Table View
- List View
Inspired by the most famous of all Canadian children's books, L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables, this cookbook combines easy step-by-step recipes with charming watercolours of Anne and her friends and quotations from three of the ever-popular Anne books. Never before have good things to eat and drink been so successfully derived from cooking episodes in children's literature. From 'Poetical Egg Salad Sandwiches' to 'Anne's Liniment Cake' and 'Diana Barry's Favourite Raspberry Cordial', these delicious treats will be fun to make-and they'll be sure to turn out well because they were kitchen-tested by a twelve-year-old who had perfect results! KATE MACDONALD is a home economist and food stylist with a very special interest in the Anne books: she is L.M. Montgomery's granddaughter. A graduate in Home Economy from Ryerson Polytechnical Institute, Toronto, she does food styling for advertisers and for Canadian magazines. She lives and works in Toronto.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.