- Table View
- List View
Fulk de Jobourgh is a knight of the court of King William, commanded to oversee the lands of a noble who was hanged for treason. He is also instructed to marry the dead traitor's rebellious daughter and ensure her loyalty to the king. He brings her to the altar, and to his bed, before galloping off once again to command in the King's war. Although Alwyn, his unwilling bride, is barely able to remember the face of Fulk, she cannot forget her response to his touch. At every turn, she thwarts his efforts to take control of her father's estate and finds herself enslaved by her passion for him. Will she be able to resist the sensual pleasure of his touch in order to save her rightful legacy and family honor?
Romantic Times praises DAGGERS OF GOLD as "A magnificent love story...real history brought to life by a consummate storyteller." Find out for yourself what makes this spellbinding sequel to the best-selling Blood Red Roses so hot! Ingrith is the grand-daughter of a formerly powerful Saxon noble who has fallen from the King's grace and left his family in the position of slaves and serfs. Her fiery will and glossy silver tresses set her apart from other peasant girls, but she has no control over her destiny. She remains bound by the will of others due to her family's ancient ties to the web of intrigue surrounding the royal family. Her beauty at full flower, she finds herself the unwilling captive of a swarthy knight setting out to prove his loyalty to the King. Ingrith is to be a gift to the King, his servant and whore, until he tires of her. She refuses to submit to such an outrageous violation. But the only way she can escape is with the help of her captor, who has his own debt of honor to pay, and whose gorgeous eyes send shivers down her spine.
The First Time It had never happened before, but the man was more than Leslie could handle. She'd expected a great deal of publicity for Dr. Peter Havistock-heck, the hunk had survived a plane crash, spent nearly fourteen years living with a Stone-Age tribe in the wilds of Papua New Guinea, and returned to write a best-selling book about it. But his tour of colleges was too wild: He had the Yalies yowling for more, and the babes at Brown in a brouhaha. Frankly, Leslie herself had never seen a doctor of anthropology act the way Havistock did. And while his ceremonial g-string was . . . authentic . . . she didn't see the need for him to go flaunting his perfect body on every TV screen across the nation. And then he announced on Harry King Live that he was a virgin! And that he was looking for a wife! And that he'd like to marry her! Well, she decided, there was a first time for everything....
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.