- Table View
- List View
Divine Parenting Made Possible Every parent wants to do his or her job well. But if you look to your family of origin, or try to follow a list of dos and don'ts, you will fail. Thankfully, God sets a model as Parent, and all you have to do is follow it! InParenting the Way God Parents,Katherine Koonce shows how healthy parenting patterns will flow naturally when you parent from your godly heritage. By way of thought-provoking study, discussion questions, and scriptural snapshots, you'll begin addressing not just your children's behavior, but the important heart issues that shape their character. When you adopt God the Father's perfect understanding of His children and prayerfully obey His example, your children can't help but become healthy, whole, and thriving! The Perfect Parenting Plan Kids will be kids, and parents will becomehellip;just like their own parents. Even with the best intentions, parents will default to raising their kids just as they were raised-unless they embrace a revolutionary approach to parenting. Thank God, because He provides the better way. He has everything you need for parenting your children in the grace, discipline, and love with which He parents you. Child development and learning specialist Katherine Koonce comes alongside to offer you a fresh perspective that will redirect your parenting path. Parenting the Way God Parentswill help you: Discern valid rights from selfish wants in this age of entitlement Be prepared for anger, and help your children prepare for it too T ake an active, prayerful role in seeking God's vision for your family Focus on shaping your children'shearts,not just theirbehavior Set aside parenting how-to books full of dos and don'ts and embrace the One who parents you perfectly. "Knowing Katherine as a gifted teacher at the school my children attend, it's evident that she has a great deal of wisdom and insight. " Steven Curtis Chapman Singer/songwriter "Parenting the Way God Parentsis refreshingly free of formulas, and packed full of wisdom and valuable insight. I will reread it for myself and recommend it again and again in my practice. " David Thomas Child and Adolescent Therapist Coauthor ofBecoming a Dad: A Spiritual, Emotional and Practical Guide Story Behind the Book "Like most parents, I was not prepared for the job. Again and again I found myself defaulting to the parenting tactics and family dynamics recycled from my childhood. God convinced me that there was a better way. Rather than parent the way I was as a child, I can choose to parent the way I am Parented today. God my Father parents me with excellence, and I want to continue that legacy with my children. In choosing this paradigm of childrearing, however, I've had to lay down my little bag of parenting tricks and embrace the One who parents me perfectly. " -Katherine Koonce
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.