- Table View
- List View
He is Sir Adam Sinclair: nobleman, physician, scholar - and Adept. A man of learning and power, he practices ancient arts unknown to the 20th century.
This is the sixth book in a series set in a medieval world where religion and magic work together but are often thwarted by those for whom power is more important. Kurtz does a fine job of building a credible world and a credible system of magic.
The Knights Templar were the fabled order of mystic warrior-monks supposedly disbanded more than seven centuries ago by the pope. Legends persist of their presence, and this collection of stories muse on the Knights' arrival at history's turning points to guide destiny in Good's eternal war against Evil.
There have been many events in the past 230 years of the half-magical race of the Deryni that were too short to turn into novels. Katherine Kurtz has been writing these when not occupied with longer works, and they are now collected here. Some have appeared in books and other sources now hard to locate. More than half of the fiction is new -- including a major story of how Denis Arilan became the first Deryni priest in 200 years. Katherine Kurtz has provided an introduction and individual headings for each story to indicate her feelings and intents in writing each tale. Additionally, there is the complete first story she ever wrote -- the first version of her Deryni vision, and how it all came about. For all the myriad lovers of the Deryni, this should be a must have book -- both for pleasure and as a reference!
The classic novel that introduced the Deryni?and launched Kurtz?s career. For more than thirty years, the Deryni Chronicles have transported readers to a world of secret sorcery and courtly intrigue. Now fans of the series can revel anew in the dawning of an epic.
A quasi-mortal race of sorcerors whose extra-human powers at once blessed and threatened mankind. For centuries the Deryni had been outcast, their ranks decimated, their power destroyed. Only very gradually and grudgingly had those of Deryni blood once again been accepted with some degree of trust, until one, the Duke of Corwyn, Lord General Alaric Anthony Morgan, became chief advisor and friend to King Brion. And therefore to his son, Kelson.
With young King Kelson on the throne of Gwynedd, the priesthood of the Eleven Kingdoms felt its control deeply threatened. The final battle for ultimate power starts, led by the Church!
Adolf Hitler believed in witchcraft. Could the witches of England weave a spell to keep him from destroying their land?
The sequel to The Adept finds the Adept, in his guise as psychiatrist Adam Sinclair, continuing his battle againsts the forces of Darkness, embodied in the druidic cult, the Lodge of the Lynx, which threatens all of Scotland.
This second collection of stories centered around the mysterious order of the Knights Templar features 11 new, original works from such noted fantasy authors as Andre Norton, Diane Duane, and Deborah Turner Harris.
Set in medieval Dublin, this short fantasy by one of the genre's veterans is a pleasant change from her other work.
A collection of nine stories features the elite Knights Templar of the Holy Land and includes the writings of such authors as Katherine Kurtz, Poul Anderson, Elizabeth Moon, and Deborah Turner Harris.
It's 1775, and in Europe, an unseen Master peers into a darkened mirror to see the man whose destiny is to wear the victor's crown. Across the sea, in a land named for a virgin queen, Gen. George Washington is thrown from his horse and has a dream that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Soon, a reluctant Washington will be elected Commander-in-Chief of the new Continental Army and considered for the position of king of America--and his rise will set in motion a chain of events that lead directly to rebellion. But little do the colonists and Founding Fathers realize that they are part of a greater plan, being used as pawns in another person's game of power and conquest.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.