- Table View
- List View
On Thanksgiving Day, LAPD homicide detective Kate Delafield and her partner, Ed Taylor, are called to an apartment building on the edge of Beverly Hills to investigate a premeditated and pitiless murder.
The lesbian classic Daughters of a Coral Dawn told the story of a group of pioneering women who disappeared from Earth and colonized the planet Maternas. But what became of the sisters they left behind? In this highly anticipated sequel, best-selling author Katherine V. Forrest describes an Earth beyond nightmare ruled by dictator Theo Zedera-known simply as Zed-whose weaponry is invincible. With ruthless determination he seeks the vanished women remaining on Unit Earth. Among these women is the leader of the Unity, the extraordinary Africa Contrera, Zed's childhood friend as well as his colleague and intellectual equal. As Africa struggles to build a world safe for women, she is haunted by her past - a time when she trusted Zed and shared with him the deadly knowledge he now uses to hunt her. What future can there be for the women who call themselves the Unity? How can they possibly conceal themselves from a world of savagery and a man who intends to find them at any cost? Just as she did 18 years ago, Katherine Forrest has created a brilliant, breathtaking, and romantic saga of a divided society and the rebels courageous enough to withstand a brutal new world.
Sequel to Daughters of an Amber Noon; about a planet populated by only women.
Short erotic lesbian stories.
It was an emotionally difficult but professionally simple investigation for Detective Kate Delafield - perhaps too simple. As she testifies in court in this case against a former child abuser accused of murdering his ex-wife, Kate goes home to an empty house and must face the impact of her own choices that have driven Aimee away from the relationship they have had for ten years. At the same time, the brother she hadn't known until recently, who hired detectives to find her only to cut her out of his life because she is a lesbian, calls on her to help track down his runaway teenage daughter Dylan, who also seems to be a lesbian. But he wants Dylan back so he can try to change her. Kate must learn new lessons about herself as the case, Aimee, and Dylan all turn out to have surprises she hadn't expected.
In this long-awaited new installment of the legendary Kate Delafield mystery series, Kate is forced to confront her most formidable opponent: herself. Five months into mandated retirement from LAPD, her long term on-again off-again relationship with Aimee Grant off again, hopelessly dependent on the only substance that can drown her pain over Aimee and the illness of her best friend, lost without her police career, beset by terrifying dreams, Kate Delafield is in a world of trouble. Into this world walks Captain Carolina Walcott of the LAPD, with a request that Kate quietly and secretly try to locate Kate's former police partner, Joe Cameron, who has vanished. She also offers Kate a business card#151;the name on it a woman from Kate's past who may be able offer a lifeline back to the self Kate once was. Even as she deals with a shocking and inexplicable homicide, Kate simultaneously pursues a trail of evidence toward Cameron that leads her into the high desert. Here in the high desert she will find challenges to the truth of everything she ever believed in as a principled police officer. Here in the high desert she must decide what it is she still believes: about her past, her present, her future.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.