- Table View
- List View
Divine Parenting Made Possible Every parent wants to do his or her job well. But if you look to your family of origin, or try to follow a list of dos and don'ts, you will fail. Thankfully, God sets a model as Parent, and all you have to do is follow it! InParenting the Way God Parents,Katherine Koonce shows how healthy parenting patterns will flow naturally when you parent from your godly heritage. By way of thought-provoking study, discussion questions, and scriptural snapshots, you'll begin addressing not just your children's behavior, but the important heart issues that shape their character. When you adopt God the Father's perfect understanding of His children and prayerfully obey His example, your children can't help but become healthy, whole, and thriving! The Perfect Parenting Plan Kids will be kids, and parents will becomehellip;just like their own parents. Even with the best intentions, parents will default to raising their kids just as they were raised-unless they embrace a revolutionary approach to parenting. Thank God, because He provides the better way. He has everything you need for parenting your children in the grace, discipline, and love with which He parents you. Child development and learning specialist Katherine Koonce comes alongside to offer you a fresh perspective that will redirect your parenting path. Parenting the Way God Parentswill help you: Discern valid rights from selfish wants in this age of entitlement Be prepared for anger, and help your children prepare for it too T ake an active, prayerful role in seeking God's vision for your family Focus on shaping your children'shearts,not just theirbehavior Set aside parenting how-to books full of dos and don'ts and embrace the One who parents you perfectly. "Knowing Katherine as a gifted teacher at the school my children attend, it's evident that she has a great deal of wisdom and insight. " Steven Curtis Chapman Singer/songwriter "Parenting the Way God Parentsis refreshingly free of formulas, and packed full of wisdom and valuable insight. I will reread it for myself and recommend it again and again in my practice. " David Thomas Child and Adolescent Therapist Coauthor ofBecoming a Dad: A Spiritual, Emotional and Practical Guide Story Behind the Book "Like most parents, I was not prepared for the job. Again and again I found myself defaulting to the parenting tactics and family dynamics recycled from my childhood. God convinced me that there was a better way. Rather than parent the way I was as a child, I can choose to parent the way I am Parented today. God my Father parents me with excellence, and I want to continue that legacy with my children. In choosing this paradigm of childrearing, however, I've had to lay down my little bag of parenting tricks and embrace the One who parents me perfectly. " -Katherine Koonce
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.