- Table View
- List View
Welcome to Consumer Mathematics. This book includes many of the math skills that you will need now and later in life. Why do you need these skills? Think about the world of mathematics around you. When you buy something, you use math to count money. When you measure something, you use numbers to calculate units of measurement. Buying food, paying taxes, banking, and managing a household all require at least some sort of math.
This book on Consumer Mathematics will be very useful for day-to-day dealings. The chapters included are: Earning Money, Buying Food, Shopping for Clothes, Managing a Household, Buying and Maintaining a Car, Working with Food, Improving your Home, Traveling, Budgeting your Money, Banking and Investing, Paying Taxes, and Preparing for Careers
Plan a business-oriented curriculum for your students with this full-color, easy-to-read text that focuses on the skills students need on the job. Math for the World of Work covers critical skills like whole numbers, fractions, decimals, averages, estimating, measurements, and ratios. Each skill is introduced in a cross-curricular context that helps students learn about the business world. Lessons are reinforced with problem-solving activities, exercises, and review questions to give students plenty of practice and solidify their understanding of new skills. And features like Application Activities and Technology Connections ensure that students understand how to apply the skills they acquire.
Mathematics for Consumers presents basic math skills used in everyday situations such as Earning Money, Buying Food, Shopping for Clothes, Managing a Household, Buying and Maintaining a Car, Working with Food, Improving Your Home, Traveling, Budgeting Your Money, Banking and Investing, Paying Taxes, Preparing for Careers, etc.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.