- Table View
- List View
When the pharoahs of Egypt died, they were mummified and buried in pyramids and tombs with all their riches. But as centuries passed, the tombs were looted and the pharoahs' gold stolen. Then Howard Carter found the greatest Egyptian treasure trove of all--the tomb of King Tut's mummy! But did the amazing treasure come with a deadly curse? From the Trade Paperback edition.
Describes a baby dolphin's experiences during his first day in the ocean.
IN 1902, WILLIAM HORNADAY handed a map to the famous paleontologist Barnum Brown. It was Hornaday's hand-drawn directions to a remote area of the Montana Badlands, where he believed amazing dinosaur fossils lay buried. Following the map, Brown dug up a jawbone edged with six-inch long teeth, the remains of a monstrous creature no one had ever seen before. But one bone wasn't enough, and Brown soon found himself in a desperate race to discover the skeleton of the mystery carnivore! From the Trade Pap...
Jeff's Uncle Roy runs a museum. That means he's always zooming off to strange places to find ruins and treasure. But Jeff has never gone along--until now. They're headed to the Sahara desert to search for dinosaur fossils. And Jeff knows he'll find the bones of the biggest meat-eater ever! "The subject's popularity, and Bogan's colorful cartoon-style illustrations will attract beginning readers. "--Booklist From the Trade Paperback edition.
Readers will delve deep--if they dare--into the history of ghosts and their portrayal in literature, art, and pop culture. From the spooky world of haunted castles to the subject of ghost-hunting, this book explores this fascinating subject through stories, facts, and pictures. Perfect for year-round reading--not just at Halloween--this book is sure to thrill readers of all ages!
The first in a line of adventures with National Geographic Kids Chapters books, Crocodile Encounters will surely prove to be one of the most exciting. Follow along with National Geographic explorer Brady Barr as he crawls into a muddy hole just barely big enough for his shoulders, and comes face to face with thirteen crocodiles! Laugh out loud as you learn how to catch a crocodile using shoe laces and underpants. Read in anticipation to find out what happens when you put a 600-lb crocodile on an airplane in just a flimsy wooden crate. These action-packed stories and more will engage readers and inspire them to go out and explore their own world.Stories include: * "Undercover Croc," in which Brady "becomes a crocodile," by donning a specially-designed protective croc suit, and infiltrates a group of Nile crocodiles in Tanzania. * "Toy Story," in which he uses (and loses) a radio-controlled car with video camera, in a hilarious failed attempt to capture a Nile crocodile in South Africa. * "Deep Dark Den"--in an attempt to relocate a group of crocodiles causing problems to neighboring villagers in Costa Rica, Brady finds himself underground in a deep muddy hole with thirteen angry crocs. * "Croc in a Box," Brady tries to move a giant, troublesome croc from Uganda safely to an American zoo, but discovers the croc is much stronger than the "sturdy wooden box" that has been built to contain him. Releases simultaneously in Reinforced Library Binding: 978-1-4263-1029-4 , $14.90/$16.95 CanE-book: 978-1-4263-1030-0 , $5.99/$5.99 Can
You don't look like a cat. But you and a cat have something in common: You both are alive. People and plants and animals are all alive, but is a doll alive? Or your tricycle? How can you tell? Read and find out what makes something alive, and what all living things need to stay healthy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.