- Table View
- List View
It has always been a burden for quiet, level-headed Tess Lanier to be the daughter of Nina Lane -- the gifted and tormented author who died soon after Tess's birth. Determined to be nothing like her exuberant mother, Tess, a collector of antique lace, lives in California, safe and anonymous, far from theKansas town her family once called home, where Nina penned her extraordinary stories. But when her dying grandfather asks her to go back, she cannot refuse. And on the banks of the Missouri River, she meets Ned Ravenal, a vibrant man who is living his dream, excavating a paddlewheel steamboat that sank one hundred and fifty years ago. Tess had family on that boat, and Ned uncovers their secrets that, in turn, unlock the mysteries of Nina's life. No longer afraid of the past, Tess discovers in herself spirit, passion, and richness as intricate as her lace.
To their respective families, Jack Wells and Amy Legend are outsiders. A free-spirited man-of-all-trades, Jack takes life as it comes-not at all like his supremely organized mother, the admiral's widow, and his methodical lawyer sister. Amy, a professional athlete with exquisite taste and golden beauty, has a glamorous career a world apart from her bookish older siblings and college professor father. When Jack's mother marries Amy's widowed father, they invite all the children to spend the summer at the Legends' retreat in northern Minnesota. They never imagine just how well Jack and Amy are going to get along-as affection unexpectedly flares into a burning attraction that threatens to damage already fragile familial bonds. Agreeing to deny their desire until the vacation is over-caught between long-simmering conflicts and clashing personalities-Jack and Amy find, nonetheless, that they are falling deeply in love. And passion this strong couldn't possibly wait until summer's end . . . no matter what the consequences.
They were young, they were in love, and the world was a place where dreams could come true, where the highest heights of' fame could be reached, and where friendships never ended... KRISSA Desperate to escape the stifling life of a small mining town in northern Minnesota, Krissa followed her brother Danny back east, where his musical talent brought Quinn Hunter into their lives. QUINN The son of privilege and the son of neglect, Quinn found in Krissa what he had always yearned for: friendship, warmth, and love. As the three of them experienced the wonders of success, they thought their lives were perfect... until everything went wrong. What happens, fifteen years later, when young love is renewed? What happens when old longings are tested? But most of all, what happens when two people cannot resist the song of their hearts?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.