- Table View
- List View
A place where love and war collide--and she would be possessed by the Scottish chieftain they called . . . barbarian Enter a world of breathtaking romance and rugged adventure. Enter the world of Kilgannon--an unforgettable story of love and treachery in a great Scottish clan. Kathleen Givens's magnificent novel sweeps from Queen Anne's London to the Highland wilderness . . . and into the hearts of one proud, passionate family: the MacGannons of . . . Kilgannon. Mary Lowell wasn't interested...
An anthology of romantic stories set in Scotland.
From acclaimed historical novelist Kathleen Givens comes a magnificently conceived, intricately detailed novel that brings to vivid life the tumult, adventure, and passion of thirteenth-century Scotland, when Norse invaders laid claim to the land and its people -- and an explosive clash of cultures, politics, and personal pride changed the world forever. 1263: On Scotland's western shore, the village of Somerstrath prepares for the joyous wedding celebration of Margaret MacDonald, the laird's daughter. But a dark storm of bloodshed and betrayal is closing in, as a merciless band of Vikings threatens the Highlands. Margaret is determined to hold the MacDonald clan together and to locate her abducted younger brother. But can she trust the noblemen from King Alexander's court, who insist that only by adhering to a betrothal conceived for political gain will she find safety? Or should she put her trust in an imposing half-Irish, half-Norse warrior? Gannon MacMagnus alone offers her hope of reuniting her family and vanquishing the barbarous Norsemen who would continue to rob her people of their God-given right to determine their own destinies. In whom should Margaret entrust the fate of the rugged, magnificent land she calls home?
1290: Turmoil erupts when the seven-year-old queen of Scotland perishes en route to claim the crown. Two bitter foes -- John Balliol and Robert Bruce -- emerge as possible successors, but England's Edward I has his own designs on Scotland. In London, Edward has expelled all Jews from his kingdom. Rachel de Anjou is heartbroken to leave behind her best friend, Isabel de Burke, and travel with her family to the Scottish border town of Berwick. Danger is everywhere, but the tall, dark Highlander Kieran MacDonald presents a risk of a different sort. Isabel, appointed as lady-in-waiting to Edward's queen, Eleanor, is soon immersed in a world of privilege and peril where she attracts the notice of two men -- Henry de Boyer, an English knight, and Rory MacGannon, a Highland warrior and outlaw. Isabel and Rachel are soon reunited in Berwick, but as the enmity between Scotland and England reaches its violent peak, each woman must decide where her loyalty -- and her destiny -- lies.
She came to the Highlands an innocent bride, but one man's love and two nations' enmity would make her a woman....In her unforgettable novel Kilgannon, Kathleen Givens brought to vivid life the tempestuous romance of Mary Lowell, an English aristocrat, and the Scottish chieftain Alex MacGannon, who claimed her as his bride. Swept into a world of ancient customs, fierce passions, and political treachery, she never expected her life to take root in the Highlands, that she'd become...The Wild Rose of Kilgannon.Now Mary and Alex's love story continues. As the fires of war engulf Castle Kilgannon, beautiful Mary stands fast, protecting her family and home. But when news comes of the capture of her beloved Alex, Mary vows to rescue her brave husband, who offered his life to save his men. As a defiant Alex is tried in London as a traitor, Mary unleashes her own campaign on London society, determined to win justice on the most dangerous battlefield of all. Even as Alex remains imprisoned in the Tower, she seeks his passionate embrace, forbidden and unforgettable, risking everything to free the rugged freedom fighter who has claimed her, body and soul . . .Don't miss the first novel in the breathtaking MacGannon Family Saga, Kilgannon, available from Dell.From the Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.