- Table View
- List View
Teaching Early Reading and Phonics: Creative Approaches to Early Literacy supports teachers using phonics in their teaching of early reading. The authors show how important it is to ensure that children acquire a wide range of reading strategies, while also setting out practical 'pointers' which will enable teachers to translate the theory into effective practice. Readers will learn how to plan phonics within a rich, interactive and playful literacy pedagogy; how to construct relationships with the young readers in their classes and the texts around them; how to embed the teaching of phonics in carefully selected high quality materials - particularly in children's literature. Written for practicing teachers, student teachers on initial teacher training courses at undergraduate and graduate levels, the book will also be useful for advisors working on continuing professional development.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.