- Table View
- List View
You've heard of love at first sight--but have you experienced love at first read? Introducing six of the most talented new voices in contemporary women's fiction. Prepare to fall head over heels for...Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireAbby Abernathy is a good girl, who could bring the ultimate bad boy to his knees...but not before the secrets of her own dark past come back to haunt her. Love Unscripted by Tina ReberTaryn Mitchell is nursing a recent heartbreak, and content to keep her distance from men for a while...until Hollywood's most sought after actor walks into her small-town pub and turns her world upside down. Naked by Raine MillerBrynne Bennett is an American art student in London swept up in a torrid love affair with a sexy, successful businessman--who proves to be as domineering in the bedroom as he is in the boardroom. One Tiny Lie by K.A. TuckerAfter navigating the death of her parents and her older sister's self-destructive phase, smart and stable Livie thinks Princeton should be a breeze--but Jell-O shots, a party-animal roommate she can't say "no" to, and Ashton, the gorgeous but arrogant captain of the men's rowing team were definitely not part of the plan... The Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayA story of first love--and forever love: In the midst of a bustling high school, a fragile girl and a lonely boy find each other. As they grow closer, the attraction between them grows, too--but can either of them risk losing the friendship that's saved them from their troubled pasts for a romance that might just shape their future? Slammed by Colleen HooverThe unexpected death of her father has left Layken feeling lost and invisible--until she meets Will, her new neighbor and a passionate poet. Sparks soon fly...but a shocking discovery could bring their relationship to a slamming halt before it's even fully begun.
The Atria Summer 2013 Beach-Read Bag: A free collection of thirteen excerpts from novels by some of our favorite writers.There's nothing that goes better with beach season than a delicious novel. With that in mind, we present Atria's Summer 2013 Beach-Read Bag: a free collection of 13 excerpts from novels by some of our favorite writers. Selections include: The Secret Keeper by Kate MortonThe Daughters of Mars by Thomas KeneallyThe Edge of the Earth by Christina SchwartzFive Days by Douglas KennedyChildren of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar DelijaniThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayForever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins ReidGolden Boy by Abigail TarttelinThe Lavender Garden by Lucinda RileyWith All My Love by Patricia ScanlonThe Mouse-Proof Kitchen by Saira ShahThe Longings of Wayward Girls by Karen BrownWaiting for Jules by Tamara N. Houston No matter whether you're on a plane traveling to your getaway destination or on your couch planted firmly in front of the air conditioner, we've got a great story guaranteed to whisk you away on a reading vacation.
I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk. Former piano prodigy Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone learning about her past and to make the boy who took everything from her--her identity, her spirit, her will to live--pay. All Josh Bennett wants is to be left alone, and everyone allows it because they all know his story: each person he loved was taken from his life until at seventeen years old there was no one left. When your name is synonymous with death, people tend to give you your space. Everyone except Nastya, a new girl in town who won't go away until she's insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. But the more he gets to know her, the more of a mystery she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he will ever learn the secrets she's been hiding--or if he even wants to. The Sea of Tranquility is a rich, intense, and brilliantly imagined story about a lonely boy, an emotionally fragile girl, and the miracle of second chances.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.