- Table View
- List View
This new Chicken Soup book offers a heartwarming and uplifting collection of stories that celebrate the lifelong bond of sisterhood. Whether they share this special connection with someone through genetics or the heart, only a sister can understand the complex, deep, and dynamic relationship they share with loved ones as they journey together through the stages of life. For younger sisters who look up to an older one, older siblings who tolerate a younger sister tagging along, or the brother who knows full well that girls can wrestle as well as any boy can, this book celebrates the sisters in our lives. It conveys how sisters influence us during life's most defining moments: helping us face the schoolyard bully, providing wise counsel during our first crush--and subsequent comfort after the breakup--and refusing to reveal intimate secrets to parents or friends. With real-life stories from celebrities and everyday sisters-next-door, chapters include: On Love, Insights and Lessons, Sibling Rivalry, Overcoming Obstacles, The Bond Between Sisters, Sisters by Heart, On Family (Brothers, Too!), and Special Memories and Traditions. While they may not live under the same roof, act in the same manner or even get along without an occasional spat, nothing creates a more special and lasting bond than sisterhood. Now there's a book to celebrate that bond.
For younger sisters who look up to an older one, older siblings who tolerate a younger sister tagging along, or the brother who knows full well that girls can wrestle as well as any boy can, this book celebrates the sisters in our lives.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.