Practitioners of reproductive medicine Van den Bergh (Switzerland), Thomas Ebner (Austria) and Kay Elder (Britain) compile images of oocyes, zygotes, and embryos that led to embryo transfer in 111 cases in their clinics. The photographs are accompanied by clinical details as well as access to a complete image database to provide insight into the daily practical approach to controlled ovarian stimulation, gamete culture, and selection as performed by experienced and successful in vitro fertilization teams. The material could also be used in teaching contexts. The accompanying disk contains over 2000 photographs. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
This fully updated new edition of a successful and popular practical guide is an indispensable account of modern in-vitro fertilization practice. Initial chapters cover theoretical aspects of gametogenesis and embryo development at the cellular and molecular level, while the latter half of the book describes the requisites for a successful IVF laboratory and the basic technologies in ART. Advanced techniques, including pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, vitrification and stem-cell technology, are comprehensively covered, providing up-to-date analyses of these groundbreaking technologies. This edition includes: - New practical techniques, including preservation of fertility for cancer patients, stem-cell biology/technology, vitrification and in-vitro maturation - A 'refresher' study review of fundamental principles of cell and molecular biology - The latest information available from animal and human research in reproductive biology Packed with a wealth of practical and scientific detail, this is a must for all IVF practitioners.
Maintaining consistent and reliably high success rates is a daily challenge for every IVF laboratory. This step-by-step guide is an essential aid in navigating the complex maze of physical, chemical, biological, and logistic parameters that underpin successful gamete and embryo culture: temperature, pH, osmolality, gas supplies, air quality, light exposure, infections, managing supplies, personnel, as well as overall quality control. Numerous real-life troubleshooting case reports are presented, identifying all aspects necessary for troubleshooting. Process maps and flow charts accompanying each chapter offer a logical and systematic approach to problem solving in the laboratory. This is an essential resource for scientists in assisted reproductive technology and specialists in reproductive biology and medicine, helping IVF clinics to achieve the dream of every infertile couple: the birth of a healthy child.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.