- Table View
- List View
School, clubs, soccer practice, piano lessons, study groups, latte with friends, dinner with grandparents, sleepovers, birthday parties, shopping--young ladies today are always on the go, their busy lives filled with activities and socializing. Girls interact with more people and in more places than ever before. But all of those opportunities to build friendships, make a good impression, and enjoy exciting experiences can go awry if she hasn't learned the basics of good conduct, respectful interaction, and thoughtful behavior.While the formal rules of etiquette are not taught the way they once were, good manners are as critical today as they ever were. 50 Things Every Young Lady Should Know provides a modern update on the ageless idea that girls should know appropriate and courteous responses to any given situation. Good manners aren't just some quaint idea and old-fashioned concept from the past. They're an essential aspect of every young lady's path to adulthood and the skills she will need to thrive in whatever she chooses to do. In an ever-changing world, good manners never go out of style.
Country music and country cooking fans everywhere will savor this new official cookbook of the Grand Ole Opry and its members, featuring favorite recipes of country music legends past and present and the stories behind them.
How to Raise a Gentleman is an invaluable resource for parents whohope their little boys will grow up to be the kind of men who know which fork touse, how to treat others, and will generally make their parents proud.How to Raise a Gentleman focuses on real-life topics such as: being agood sport, play dates, and - especially for boys - "personal habits:farting, belching, boogers, and scratching." The book includes: Personal stories pertaining to each topic Suggestions for the age at which a parent should introduce a child to certain rules Helpful ideas in easy-to-remember phrases And suggestions that parents can follow to "teach by example"
The day she was born, you dreamed of all that lay ahead. Youenvisioned a gracious young girl--the sort of daughter other parents admire--one who knowshow to make charming conversation and when to hold her tongue. Polite and considerate,your daughter would know exactly how to behave, whether she was at the balletwith her grandmother or in the stands at a Friday night football game. But thattiny pink bundle wasn't born knowing the finer points of being a lady. Sheneeds your guidance . . . because honestly, she'll never know how much perfumeis too much or how much gratitude is too little if you don't explain. Explorethese timeless fundamentals of grace, thoughtfulness, and appropriate behavior,and pass along the lessons to your young lady in-the-making.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.