- Table View
- List View
Practitioners of reproductive medicine Van den Bergh (Switzerland), Thomas Ebner (Austria) and Kay Elder (Britain) compile images of oocyes, zygotes, and embryos that led to embryo transfer in 111 cases in their clinics. The photographs are accompanied by clinical details as well as access to a complete image database to provide insight into the daily practical approach to controlled ovarian stimulation, gamete culture, and selection as performed by experienced and successful in vitro fertilization teams. The material could also be used in teaching contexts. The accompanying disk contains over 2000 photographs. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
This fully updated new edition of a successful and popular practical guide is an indispensable account of modern in-vitro fertilization practice. Initial chapters cover theoretical aspects of gametogenesis and embryo development at the cellular and molecular level, while the latter half of the book describes the requisites for a successful IVF laboratory and the basic technologies in ART. Advanced techniques, including pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, vitrification and stem-cell technology, are comprehensively covered, providing up-to-date analyses of these groundbreaking technologies. This edition includes: - New practical techniques, including preservation of fertility for cancer patients, stem-cell biology/technology, vitrification and in-vitro maturation - A 'refresher' study review of fundamental principles of cell and molecular biology - The latest information available from animal and human research in reproductive biology Packed with a wealth of practical and scientific detail, this is a must for all IVF practitioners.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.