- Table View
- List View
Communication is a key theme of the QTLS Standards. This accessible book helps readers to understand the theories and principles that underpin effective communication and apply this theory to improve their communication with learners, colleagues and others in professional life. It examines the environment of educational settings and looks at how individuals themselves communicate with the sector. It gives detailed advice on communication skills and promoting a supporting learning environment. It goes on to include notes on communicating for specific teaching situations, inclusion and working with colleagues. Finally, it covers resources for communication and their adaptation for different situations.
The teacher training framework, introduced in September 2007, requires all teachers in the post-16 sector to possess knowledge, understanding and personal skills to at least level 2 in the minimum core for language and literacy. Coverage and assessment of the core has to be embedded in all Certificate and Diploma courses leading to QTLS and ATLS status. This book is a practical guide to language and literacy for trainee teachers in the Lifelong Learning sector. It enables trainee teachers to identify and develop their own language and literacy skills and also to support their students' language and literacy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.